Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Andreas Krapf

Andreas Krapf is a vector artist from Hambrug, Germany. He has been drawing since he was a little kid and then started doing vector art. He uses Adobe Illustrator, just like we do in class! He makes t-shirts, posters and toys with his art on them. Most of his art involves creating different characters. Some of his clients include: TicTac, Adidas and RayBan (pretty cool because they are very famous companies).
Krapf explained that the point in his art is to make people happy and confused. I think that this piece of work definitely makes people confused. I think that this vector art illustrates the idea of squirrels attacking nuts. The artwork suggests a thought that most people do not think about: squirrels are evil. The tattoos on the squirrel represent an idea of toughness and the brain that is shown through the squirrel shows the innocence and "humanness" of the acorns. 



I really like this piece of work because in all honesty I am afraid of squirrels. I have always thought about how they could attack your arm and tear it up and just found them overall creepy. This squirrel illustrates my idea of squirrels (weird, I know). I really like the color scheme and how Krapf stuck to two main colors: pick and blue, but used different hues of the colors. The tattoos are great additions to the picture because they show the evil of the squirrel. I also really like the ears because they are very pointed showing evil. The acorns are very cute and remind me of humans and they are very complex (they even have eyebrows and uvulas). Overall, Krapf planned this piece of art in a great way and there are so many interesting components.

No comments:

Post a Comment